A few thoughts 8 years in...
1. I've learned to live from the heart.
2. Don't feel sorry for me, I don't.
3. The pain I feel when I grieve is real, it's physical.
4. I cradle the love and nurture the pain.
5. My weaknesses are my greatest strengths because I acknowledge them.
6. There are times I would rather die than live, the love is that deep.
7. I work to empower myself, it takes that much energy.
8. I see my son in everything I do, heaven on earth.
9. A short sock and a long sock daily, it's a choice, a reminder.
10. I'm at peace with it. The peace has allowed me to live within.
It has taken time for me to get here, to understand the journey. To understand what the journey even is. I went to bed last night and I honestly couldn't wait for the sun to rise. To be a beginner each and every time I open my eyes. A choice without a doubt.