Directions for making...
Needed: Glass, spoon or stiring device, milk, chocolate.
1. Poor milk into glass.
2. Poor strawberry syrup into class.
(These two are interchangable, meaning you can put the syrup in first and milk in second)
3. Stir until blended to your liking.
Wait, it tastes like strawberry. What the hell is going on here????????????????? Let me do this again.
2. Strawberry Syrup
4. Enjoy, (disgust comes over my face as I want chocolate yet I continue to get this strawberry crap)
Seriously, ONE MORE TIME!!!!!
1. Milk (I examine the container and it's absolutely milk)
2. Strawberry Syrup (I examine the strawberry syrup and yep, it's not chocolate)
3. Stir, YES!!!!!, this is it. I'm not stiring it enough!!! I stir twice as long beginning with a slow stir building speed until I get a vortex of death in the center of my glass. It's got to be that the strawberry syrup is at the bottom of the glass refusing to mix properly creating the chocolate taste I desire. YES!!!! This must be it!!!!!
4. Enjoy. (As a frown comes over my face, I walk away in disgust as again, the same results) I want chocolate milk to enjoy, yet I continue getting strawberry, I give up as it's simply not worth the effort.
...I remember driving across the country reflecting on my life. It must have been after many sleepless nights and absolute despair had set in that I began to clearly see my life and what I had envisioned it to be. They were not the same. What I had envisioned and the results from my work were not coming out exactly like I'd planned.
The answer was extremely simple and I mean extremely simple. I needed to stop and take a look at what I was using as ingredients for the desired life outcomes. When I did this, the current life I was living was not what I desired and I sat in tears(almost embarrassment) as I realized that I would never achieve my dreams if I continued doing things the same old way expecting different outcomes.
I believe it's Alber Einstein said the defintion of insantity is "doing things the same way over and over and expecting different outcomes".
When you're on the mountain wanting to get a glimpse of the same mountain, you can only see the valley. When you're in the valley wanting a glimpse of the valley, you can only see the mountain. I had to change my perspective. Too see the mountain, I traveled to the valley and to see the valley, I traveled to the mountain.
I'd lived a lifetime, doing it this way, expecting these results. Now my life was different. I had to change my perspective. I had to begin looking at myself from another point of view, it was this simple step I took that allowed me to stop picking up the strawberry syrup and to take the first step toward a desired outcome.
The work, emence. The reward, well, it's beautiful. You don't have to wait for a new year to begin again. You can open your eyes each and every morning with an understanding that this is a new day, I'm a beginner with a lifetime of experiences to use as a guide. The thought of that is...an honor.
Begin again, not just today, but each and every day. Stop looking at what you don't have, change your perspective, and look at what you do have. The desired outcomes will change, I promise.
Be safe and well, but most importantly, be yourself.